Horizon Discovery, a leading provider of translational genomics research tools to support the development of personalized medicines, is searching for a Bioinformatics Officer to provide bioinformatic support including data modelling and statistical analysis. The post holder will perform analyses and interpretation on large data sets, using publicly available packages and commercial software.You will coordinate the company’s core genome database, developing an in-house genome-browser and integrating NGS data generated internally and externally. You will be involved in the realisation of new product ideas and work to help design and develop early concepts of future products and services. You will work as part of an interactive research team and help to shape the company’s future.
Horizon Discovery: Why I Chose Horizon
- Develop methods from NGS data analysis.
- Perform statistical analysis.
- Create and maintain the company’s core genome database.
- Curate and integration of data from different databases and platforms.
- Prepares clear technical reports, publications and oral presentations. Communicate results in the form of reports and or presentations to Team and Divisional meetings.
- Collaboration with other teams within Horizon Discovery, and internationally.
- Any other duties, which may be required which are consistent with the nature and grade of the post.
- PhD degree educated or equivalent experience in a relevant subject.
- Post-graduate qualification in bioinformatics, system biology, statistics or equivalent knowledge obtained through relevant and substantial experience.
- Data manipulation in a bioinformatics environment (e.g. Bioconductor, R, etc.) and experience with NGS data manipulation
- Scripting experience in Python, R, C++ e.g. for NGS data analyses.
- Data integration approaches.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Must work well in fast paced team environment.
We can offer a varied and interesting working environment and as a growing company we are focused on recognition and empowerment of our employees. We are committed to high quality science to meet our client and growth needs. In addition to competitive salaries we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package.To apply, please send a CV and covering letter (together with your current salary and Job reference number) to firstname.lastname@example.org.